Mary Lou Walczak
Covina Elected City Clerk
The City Clerk is an elected position who attends City Council Meetings and administers oaths and affirmations, including the Oath of Office for the Mayor and City Council. Mary Lou Walczak was elected in March 2013 for a four-year term expiring March 2017.
The City Clerk's Office is the custodian of the official Seal of the City of Covina and provides support to the elected City Clerk and City Council. The City Clerk's Office serves as a neutral liaison between the citizens and government by ensuring transparent processes with values of professionalism, integrity, and accountability.
The responsibilities of the City Clerk's Office include:
- Conduct fair and impartial regular and special municipal elections
- City Council/Agency/Authority agendas and minutes
- Maintain the Covina Municipal Code
- Records, preserves, and provides for public access to public records
- Accepts claims and services of other legal documents
- Coordinate recruitment applications for voluntary service to advisory boards and commissions
- Serves as compliance officer for conflict of interest statements, campaign disclosure filing, and ethics code and training
Office Location & Hours
Covina City Hall
125 E. College Street
Covina, CA 91723
Telephone: (626) 384-5430
Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Closed every Friday