Do you have the following household hazardous waste items at home and don't know how to properly dispose of them? Bring them to a Household Hazardous Waste Round-Up Event!
- Motor oil, oil filters, brake fluid
- Used antifreeze
- Paint, paint thinner, turpentine
- Cleaners with acid or lye
- Pesticides or herbicides
- Household batteries or car batteries
- Pool chemicals
- CRTs, old TVs, misc. electronics
- Mercury thermometers or thermostats
- Used Needles or Sharps (In a Sharps container or sturdy box labeled "SHARPS")
- Unwanted or expired prescriptions
The following item are NOT accepted:
- Radioactive Materials
- Business Waste
- White Goods (stoves, fridges, etc.)
- Controlled Substances
- Bring the items you wish to dispose of in a sturdy box preferably in their original, labeled containers.
- Do not EVER mix products together.
- It is ILLEGAL to transport more than 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste in your personal vehicle.
- Be prepared to leave your containers. Because of permitting requirements, and the volume of people that utilize the program, items such as gasoline cans WILL NOT be returned.
This is your opportunity to get rid of these items at NO COST and at a convenient, nearby location.
UPCOMING HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE NEAR COVINA:
||Click for Event Flyer and Details!
Clark Ave. and Oak St.
College of the Canyons, South Parking Lot
26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd.
Santa Clarita 91355
EDCO Recycling & Transfer
2755 California Ave.
Signal Hill 90755
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept., STAR Training Center
11515 South Colima Rd.
East Los Angeles College, Stadium Parking Lot
Bleakwood Ave. & Floral Drive
Monterey Park 91754
Fairplex Drive and West McKinley Avenue
La Verne 91750
Click here for additional information on HHW events!
Please follow the transportation limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip when driving your HHW/E-waste to the event for disposal. Business hazardous waste and electronic waste will not be accepted at the collection events.