Household Hazardous Waste Round-Ups
Do you have the following household hazardous waste items at home and don't know how to properly dispose of them? Bring them to a Household Hazardous Waste Round-Up Event!
- Motor oil, oil filters, brake fluid
- Used antifreeze
- Paint, paint thinner, turpentine
- Cleaners with acid or lye
- Pesticides or herbicides
- Household batteries or car batteries
- Pool chemicals
- CRTs, old TVs, misc. electronics
- Mercury thermometers or thermostats
- Used Needles or Sharps (In a Sharps container or sturdy box labeled "SHARPS")
- Unwanted or expired prescriptions
The following item are NOT accepted:
- Radioactive Materials
- Business Waste
- White Goods (stoves, fridges, etc.)
- Controlled Substances
- Bring the items you wish to dispose of in a sturdy box preferably in their original, labeled containers.
- Do not EVER mix products together.
- It is ILLEGAL to transport more than 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste in your personal vehicle.
- Be prepared to leave your containers. Because of permitting requirements, and the volume of people that utilize the program, items such as gasoline cans WILL NOT be returned.
This is your opportunity to get rid of these items at NO COST and at a convenient, nearby location.
UPCOMING HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE NEAR COVINA:
||Click for Event Flyer and Details!
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
City of Hope Buena Vista Parking Lot
2144 Buena Vista Street
Click here for additional information on HHW events!
Please follow the transportation limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip when driving your HHW/E-waste to the event for disposal. Business hazardous waste and electronic waste will not be accepted at the collection events.