Environmental Permits PDF Print E-mail

Permits from the Environmental Services Section are required for the following activites in the City of Covina:

Refuse Roll-Off Bins - All refuse roll-off bins must be obtained from the City's exclusive franchise refuse hauler, Athens Services.  Roll-offs placed on the property of the resident or business that has contracted for the bin do not require a permit.  However, in order to place a roll-off bin in the public right-of-way, an encroachment permit must be obtained from the Engineering Section.

Pool Draining Permit - Prior to draining your pool, please fill out and submit this Pool Draining Permit Application to the Environmental Services Section. No fee is required, but fines may be assessed if your pool is drained without obtaining a permit. Please click here to view the City of Covina's stormwater pollution prevention guide for swimming pools.

Non-Domestic Wastewater (Industrial Waste) Disposal Permit Restaurants, industrial facilities and certain commercial facilities that discharge industrial/commercial or non-domestic wastewater to the City's sewer collection system are required to obtain a Non-Domestic Wastewater (Industrial Waste) Disposal  Permit.  Non-domestic wastewater is generated from food processing, manufacturing, commercial or other operations including household type operations performed at commercial establishments or to support commercial purposes.  The first step toward obtaining a permit is turning in the Non-Domestic Wastewater (Industrial Waste) Permit Application. Click here to view FAQs about the City's industrial waste program.

State General Construction Permit -  Construction sites 1 acre or greater are required to obtain a General Permit for Discharges of Storm Water Associated with Construction Activity from the State Water Resources Control Board (see Construction General Permit Order 2009-0009-DWQ for details) .  A Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and the Waste Discharge Identification Number (WDID) that is provided to the applicant by the State must be submitted to the Environmental Services Section for review and approval before any grading or building permit is issued for construction sites 1 acre or greater. Click here for a list of FAQs regarding the Construction General Permit.  The California Stormwater Quality Association has produced this California General Construction Permit Overview.

Check Your Number! PDF Print E-mail

Still Changing Your Oil Every 3,000 Miles?

Did you know that your car may not need an oil change as often as you think? Fewer oil changes saves you time and money, and helps protect the environment! Simply check your owners manual for the recommended oil change interval number for your vehicle!

Check Your Number

For more on the Check Your Number program, click here

Environmental Services Pages PDF Print E-mail


Phone Numbers for Other Environmental Issues PDF Print E-mail
LA County Household Hazardous Waste 1-888-CLEAN-LA
24 hour illegal dumping hotline 1-888-CLEAN-LA
LA County Health Department 1-213-351-6634
LA County Health & Hazardous Materials Division 1-213-890-4089
South Coast Air Quality Management District General Information Line   1-909-936-2000
South Coard Air Quality Management District Asbestos 1-909-396-2336
LA County Department of Public Works 1-888-CLEAN-LA
Sanitation Districts of LA County 1-800-238-0172
Athens Services 1-888-336-6100
LA Regional Drug and Poison Information Center 1-800-777-6476
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 Next > End >>

Page 3 of 3